Sign in to follow this  
Dealer

Citroen C4 Picasso Automatic

10 hours ago, Mojo121 said:

Off topic but I'm guessing you self warrant then?

Yes we do. 

3 hours ago, EPV said:

OP said a few months. That’s 3 or more in my book. The car has driven fine for a few months now it needs a new clutch, if that’s what it is? I don’t understand these particular transmissions myself, are they not in need of clutch replacements as frequently as a standard manual car? 

It's 2 and a half months ago. I will clearly have to get it looked into, it definitely wasn't playing up before as i even collected the vehicle myself and used it for a few days as there was plenty of fuel already in it 

25 minutes ago, Dealer said:

Yes we do. 

It's 2 and a half months ago. I will clearly have to get it looked into, it definitely wasn't playing up before as i even collected the vehicle myself and used it for a few days as there was plenty of fuel already in it 

How many miles since you sold it?

i still haven’t been informed by those that know more than me about these transmissions whether their frequency of clutch changes are in line with expectations of bog standard manuals. If they ARE then for my money, this is wear and tear and not a fault, clearly this couldn’t have been present at the point of sale either, it would have been very obvious. 

I would imagine that this gearbox is classed as a sealed unit by the manufacturer. I may be mistaken, but I doubt there are any recommendations for changing the clutch/actuator as part of maintaining the vehicle. Very similar to many other semi automatic cars. If you sold a dsg golf, and the clutch pack/mechatronic unit packed up after a few months would you tell that customer to jog on? You may rethink that when You have an irate customer banging on your door or taking you to court.

3 minutes ago, MSP Motors said:

I would imagine that this gearbox is classed as a sealed unit by the manufacturer. I may be mistaken, but I doubt there are any recommendations for changing the clutch/actuator as part of maintaining the vehicle. Very similar to many other semi automatic cars. If you sold a dsg golf, and the clutch pack/mechatronic unit packed up after a few months would you tell that customer to jog on? You may rethink that when You have an irate customer banging on your door or taking you to court.

But this isn’t a dsg golf or an s tronic audi. I’m asking the question mate, I don’t know. That’s why i’m asking. If these are as you say, sealed units as such and don’t have any recommendations for replacement then sure, you’d be in for a repair. 

28 minutes ago, EPV said:

How many miles since you sold it?

i still haven’t been informed by those that know more than me about these transmissions whether their frequency of clutch changes are in line with expectations of bog standard manuals. If they ARE then for my money, this is wear and tear and not a fault, clearly this couldn’t have been present at the point of sale either, it would have been very obvious. 

EPV, all you need to know is these transmissions are total & utter shite and you just need to remember 3 things about cars fitted with them. AVOID, AVOID, AVOID

Any driving issues & most Citroen dealers quote £2000+ cos they want to change just about everything to save any comebacks - hence why most at the block have jerky transmissions. Tbh the myriad electrical issues these cars have, window regulator issues, airbag issues, handbrake issues, brake calliper issues.........the list is almost endless. If you want to see how bad the French can be at making cars then buy an old C4 Grand Picasso. They are very possibly the shittest, most fault prone, secondhand car available. They really are that bad.

Just now, MSP Motors said:

What do you think is inside a dsg box? 

What does that matter? We’re talking about a c4 here, you brought in the vw dsg box. 

I don’t know why you’ve got such a hard on, I have explained a couple of times I know fuck all about these transmissions, if they are a sealed box as such, then yes, you’re right, its not a wear and tear item. End of. 

11 minutes ago, BHM said:

EPV, all you need to know is these transmissions are total & utter shite and you just need to remember 3 things about cars fitted with them. AVOID, AVOID, AVOID

Any driving issues & most Citroen dealers quote £2000+ cos they want to change just about everything to save any comebacks - hence why most at the block have jerky transmissions. Tbh the myriad electrical issues these cars have, window regulator issues, airbag issues, handbrake issues, brake calliper issues.........the list is almost endless. If you want to see how bad the French can be at making cars then buy an old C4 Grand Picasso. They are very possibly the shittest, most fault prone, secondhand car available. They really are that bad.

Helpful for me thanks, not so much for the poor OP :) 

10 hours ago, EPV said:

Helpful for me thanks, not so much for the poor OP :) 

:lol: Very true.