Sign in to follow this  
pmpants

BCA Preston, grading ok? prices ok?

Morning everyone, I've never been to BCA Preston, I'm considering leaving a proxy bid on a car in the Hadwins VW Audi section, it's a 57 plate, so too old for a proper appraisal, it's grade 4 which can be near enough a write off at Paddock Wood or Enfield.

I'm on the train to collect a car and can't bid online as I don't use an Apple device.

Just wondered if anyone who buys regularly from Preston has an opinion on the grading and also how the pricing is.

Thanks in advance 

A Grade 2 up north can be a Grade 5 down south.When I went to Paddock Wood,I thought the stuff was mostly mint.Enfield was different,a lot of dodgy stuff and dodgy traders,unless it has changed......I think you would get’ trotted ‘ at Preston anyway,be carefull.

• Like 2

Thanks Trade Vet I'm heading down to Bedford as soon as I've picked this car up, as it's (almost) on the way back, I'll maybe give Preston a call and see about leaving a lowish bid, if I drove up to Preston I wouldn't make it to Bedford in time :( Always the way!! Cheers

Tend to agree with being trotted up on proxy bids, sat in the hall a few times an watched the bids bounce off the wall without the auctioneer looking up (his screen showed a proxy) then he looks up only to see a bidder waving (not me I might add!).. and bidding returned into the hall and the proxy.. crafty arseholes is the only description of auctioneers that appears in a dictionary.. certainly the one I have here.. :)

Was mention of BCA Preston some time ago on here, wasnt too postivie, but hey.. I'm sure we can all say that about the local block we have..

I suppose if you’re getting trotted up that’s the price you pay for the convenience of proxy bidding. I know full well that it goes on and I reckon i’ve been a victim but at the end of the day, you set your max bid for a reason (I.e. you think you’re going to make a profit) so although it’s frustrating it’s just part of the game. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, EPV said:

I suppose if you’re getting trotted up that’s the price you pay for the convenience of proxy bidding. I know full well that it goes on and I reckon i’ve been a victim but at the end of the day, you set your max bid for a reason (I.e. you think you’re going to make a profit) so although it’s frustrating it’s just part of the game. 

Agreed in principle; however given they like to class grade 4 as 2 more often than not and take little responsibility... its nice to get the best bang for your buck with this toerags and keep that extra from bidding for your own profit.. when poss! Beat them at their own game Image result for they don't like it up capt mainwaring

Well that was a full day! Decided to blank Preston, managed to nurse the lovely little 34k Yaris to Bedford with a badly slipping clutch and no a/c, luckily managed to buy another one there, got the first one recovered from the car park, and drove the second one back with a lovely clutch and ice cold a/c, 5.00am start, home at 7.40pm all good fun!!

There's a pretty close knit circle at BCA Preston, newcomers get trotted up as Trade Vet said.. the quality is about as good as Belle Vue and that's poo.

Edited by AutoJacob
Removed swear word
  • Like 1