Sign in to follow this  
GazzLaad

Making Tax Digital

Anyone heard of this?

Had a call today saying i must have a car dealer system in place that link to the HMRC by april 2019 to comply with making tax digital. My accountant confirmed that this is indeed the case.

Apparently i need a system that link to Sage or something similar to produce VAT returns. What is everyone else doing? I’m told My excel spreadsheet wont comply with this new rule. 

Seen a few car dealer software that links to Sage online, thinking about going for one of these but would love evryone’s thought on it and if they even knew about it? I certainly didn’t!

Thanks

Edited by GazzLaad

39 minutes ago, GazzLaad said:

Anyone heard of this?

Had a call today saying i must have a car dealer system in place that link to the HMRC by april 2019 to comply with making tax digital. My accountant confirmed that this is indeed the case.

Apparently i need a system that link to Sage or something similar to produce VAT returns. What is everyone else doing? I’m told My excel spreadsheet wont comply with this new rule. 

Seen a few car dealer software that links to Sage online, thinking about going for one of these but would love evryone’s thought on it and if they even knew about it? I certainly didn’t!

Thanks

Hi Gazz

I appear to have beat you to it on this topic.I don’t think many people understand the implications.

You certainly did! Still it’s good to know that i’m not the only one out there confused about the whole thing. I’m going to do some of my own research on this and find out if my excel spreadsheet need to go to the bin or not! This is my biggest worry as i live by my spreadsheet!

Any advice or further information you may know wil be much appreciated

29 minutes ago, GazzLaad said:

You certainly did! Still it’s good to know that i’m not the only one out there confused about the whole thing. I’m going to do some of my own research on this and find out if my excel spreadsheet need to go to the bin or not! This is my biggest worry as i live by my spreadsheet!

Any advice or further information you may know wil be much appreciated

You probably know more than me.

I have just started using Quickbooks. Pretty easy to use, you can run off plenty of reports. 

Accountants days could be numbered