notchback

Starting out as a trader

1 hour ago, BAS said:

Hi Notchback, I'm in a similar place to you, just in the beginnings of home trading.  After much shopping around, I got a great deal with Covea thought Adelphi.  I have my trade plates, my domain registered and 3 cars currently in stock.  Just need to find the best way to advertise / market them now!  I'm currently sole trader (had to start this way for other reasons) but now looking to go limited in the very near future.

Hi, Yeah its a learning curve for sure, but I've been doing really well so far. 'Ive now got trade plates which have already been so handy, and have been turning around quite a few cars a month, constantly got one in my garage to repair, and have 3 or 4 for sale at a time, doing a mix of the Cat N cars I am repairing and then some high end newer cars that are straight cars. Just sold a 9month old Golf R estate which flew out the door! so well happy. Was worried the £20k+ cars would be hard to sell without being able to offer finance but so far so good! I'm thinking as soon as Brexit cripples the country loads more people will want to save money buying Cat N's as no one will be able to afford anything else!! :) 

I'm mainly using Autotrader, but also put them on Gumtree which has been quite successful too. 
Good luck! 

Thanks for that, I'm leaning that Autotrader is not everyone's favourite dish, not surprising given the relative costs. I'm concluding also though that the optimal selling outlet may differ dependant on the price range / margin on each car!