Sign in to follow this  
EPV

Devonshire chaps...

Arfur Dealy plus anyone else down Plymouth way, I need a car moving from Manheim Plymouth to North West Kent, I've fired off a job request on Movex but thought I'd see if you have anyone local who will want the job? Transporter only although it's fine to drive I just don't want this particular one to be driven.

Good idea, be nice if we could set up some indi contacts/suppliers via here to help all out from time to time!:)

32 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

im in Devon next week on my holidays, small World

I hope it chucks it down 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EPV said:

Arfur Dealy plus anyone else down Plymouth way, I need a car moving from Manheim Plymouth to North West Kent, I've fired off a job request on Movex but thought I'd see if you have anyone local who will want the job? Transporter only although it's fine to drive I just don't want this particular one to be driven.

I only use anyvan.com nowadays - you’ll get a fixed quote immediately & they do exactly what they say. I’ve NEVER had a problem, unlike every other company I’ve tried, and if you select their flexible date option they’re unbeatable on price.

Also their prices are for transported, not driven, and INCLUDE the VAT. Tbh I’m surprised the lads work for what they do but these professional hauliers always seem to be looking for return loads.

Sorry if this sounds like an advert for them but they are by far the best haulage ‘agency’ I’ve used. So far EVERY one of their hauliers has either met or exceeded expectations - does this sound like your typical local man who does it when he wants & for 30% more?

Just looked at their website, very quick, very useful and indeed instant pricing. 

1 hour ago, BHM said:

I only use anyvan.com nowadays - you’ll get a fixed quote immediately & they do exactly what they say. I’ve NEVER had a problem, unlike every other company I’ve tried, and if you select their flexible date option they’re unbeatable on price.

Also their prices are for transported, not driven, and INCLUDE the VAT. Tbh I’m surprised the lads work for what they do but these professional hauliers always seem to be looking for return loads.

Sorry if this sounds like an advert for them but they are by far the best haulage ‘agency’ I’ve used. So far EVERY one of their hauliers has either met or exceeded expectations - does this sound like your typical local man who does it when he wants & for 30% more?

Thanks for the tip BHM.

Fuck me you ain't wrong! 

Trouble with the flexible collection is that it's a bit too flexible in the sense that Manheim let you have 3 days before they start charging you a tenner a day I think which will erode the saving for not picking a specific date. Either way, I've got a collection on Monday for a reasonable if not higher than budgeted price. It is out of the way down there, I suppose.

• Like 1

Too add to this, I pay Manheim to deliver every car. When you are buying Assured cars online it’s essential. 

• Like 1

i would delete the F bomb, I've just received a warning from Becca Chaplin? Charlie's Wife

3 hours ago, andymc1973 said:

i would delete the F bomb, I've just received a warning from Becca Chaplin? Charlie's Wife

That’s two of us then!

On 12 July 2018 at 7:07 PM, andymc1973 said:

?