Sign in to follow this  
EPV

Derivaties

29 minutes ago, Arfur Dealy said:

+1

14 hours ago, MGM said:

Back in the Stone Age we had a little book with prices in, funnily enough they were typically in order of spec base, L, GL, GLS, CD etc... If you wanted to know more info like which model was fitted with luxuries like a passenger door mirror or side repeaters then you would look in the check book which had all the info you ever wanted! Sad I know but as soon as the new months copy arrived (usually one or two days before the end of the month) I used to read every page. Aaah the good old days! 

Like! Reminds me of my first days in the trade..

When derivatives were mentioned L, GLS etc were the first thing that came to mind! 

1 hour ago, c_cars said:

Like! Reminds me of my first days in the trade..

When derivatives were mentioned L, GLS etc were the first thing that came to mind! 

I had forgotten about Glass’s check book,handy for trim fabric names.I think Glass’s guide was posted out in Alphabetical order so if you were called Adams or Brown you would receive yours quicker before the end of the month.Main dealers did not know this of course so you could sometimes offer them ‘book’ for stuff which made them happy.A week later the book might go up so you had  bought the stuff at the right price.That may have changed but one thing has not,main dealers remain as dim as ever when it comes to our job.

Why do I even still have this?.

If I remember correctly the difference between the Sport and Zetec was colour coded mirrors and a centre armrest.

FFC201D2-3F1C-454C-A141-95D53FABE2CA.jpeg

4C9AF49D-8F35-4D38-8329-4FF79FD0FB54.jpeg

Edited by David Ayers