Sign in to follow this  
Mikey360

Probably a daft question about V5's

Afternoon all, quick question....

Took a car in part ex (fabia vrs, rapid diesel!!!) And did all the v5 stuff on the DVLA website (bought car, in the motor trade etc)

Am I waiting for a new v5 in the post or am I just using the old one to register the new keeper when it sells?

Edited by Mikey360

Yeah you won’t get a v5, the car is in the trade and you can use the doc ref nr to transfer ownership to the new keeper online. 

• Like 1

Awesome thanks chaps! Thought that might be the case, just wanted to be sure

2 hours ago, Mikey360 said:

Afternoon all, quick question....

Took a car in part ex (fabia vrs, rapid diesel!!!) And did all the v5 stuff on the DVLA website (bought car, in the motor trade etc)

Am I waiting for a new v5 in the post or am I just using the old one to register the new keeper when it sells?

when the car sells hold back on sending the new keepers details to dvla for at least a week in case they turn out to be a screamer,ive gone 21st century and do this all online print the confirmation details off attach it to the old v5 that i keep along with my pdi sheets a hpi sheet invoice copy and anything else relevant,this way if anything hits the fan in the next 7 years you have all relevant documentation

• Like 1

I do transfer all ownership at point of sale:

Sold car file has:

Signed Deposit Form

Signed Invoice Form

Signed PDI Form

HPI Certificate

Notice of V5 Transfer/Registration

Signed Warranty Form (now self administered)

Tax Online (if I have performed the taxing on customers behalf)

I should (and I don't) add a copy of the advert too (a pain becuase decsription, apart from mileage, MOT etc differs slightly on each platform depending on number of words allowed)

• Like 1

Make sure ur trading name is legit and you put d.o.b and Vat number on yellow slip :P:P