Sign in to follow this  
EPV

Levels of Preparation

Tradevet, I think you are right and at the same time I think that now in this "digital online retailing age" it is different. 

Presentation is still EVERYTHING but now it's the presentation online that matters most, especially for something slightly rare that the buyers will travel hours for. Ad text, pictures, video (or three), reviews, your other stock they can see online etc etc. 

People here have said that they never do wheel refurbishment as one example but their sales are still good and their customers travel and don't walk away because of minor marks here and there. 

The selling happens at people's homes long before they've seen that car in the metal. By the time they first see it they own it already. In their minds. Done insurance, bought new mats, booked window tinting next week etc etc. 

4 minutes ago, Nick M.K. said:

Tradevet, I think you are right and at the same time I think that now in this "digital online retailing age" it is different. 

Presentation is still EVERYTHING but now it's the presentation online that matters most, especially for something slightly rare that the buyers will travel hours for. Ad text, pictures, video (or three), reviews, your other stock they can see online etc etc. 

People here have said that they never do wheel refurbishment as one example but their sales are still good and their customers travel and don't walk away because of minor marks here and there. 

The selling happens at people's homes long before they've seen that car in the metal. By the time they first see it they own it already. In their minds. Done insurance, bought new mats, booked window tinting next week etc etc. 

Absolutely agree. 

2 hours ago, Nick M.K. said:

I don’t disagree,but if you go to great effort to advertise on line and your punter turns up and finds scuffed alloys and stonechips on the bonnet it makes the job harder.AD from what I can see goes to the extreme and points out various blemishes online so the punter knows what they are getting before they turn up.There are not many traders doing that.However,I doubt this includes scuffed alloys and stonechips on bonnets.I think any  trader claiming they are successfull by not presenting descent  stock to a high standard are telling porkies.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, trade vet said:

I don’t disagree,but if you go to great effort to advertise on line and your punter turns up and finds scuffed alloys and stonechips on the bonnet it makes the job harder.AD from what I can see goes to the extreme and points out various blemishes online so the punter knows what they are getting before they turn up.There are not many traders doing that.However,I doubt this includes scuffed alloys and stonechips on bonnets.I think any  trader claiming they are successfull by not presenting descent  stock to a high standard are telling porkies.

I wouldn’t say what I show is extreme, it’s simply what most buyers with half a brain would look for. Tyre depth, brake disc wear, showing the amount of genuine stone chipping to the front. Confirming original paintwork etc. These are all great selling points and shouldn’t be looked at as being excessive, it’s simply be transparent and giving the billy even more reason to buy. 

3 hours ago, trade vet said:

It’s always been about prep and presentation.The guys who do it best always do business.You can have a super website,nice photos,videos and you could be a good salesman, but if you are leaving stonechips on bonnets and chipped alloys it makes the job a lot harder.When we had an open pitch competing with many others on the same street,the prep and presentation was amazing because you only got one chance with the punters....If you had to get the jumper leads out or put fuel in,there was hell to  pay.

this is it, 

Preparation, Preparation, Preparation