M5Cars

Startup looking for feedback

1 hour ago, Mark101 said:

(first job was at Butlins, Minehead)

Split my head open there on a gate post in 1981, happy memories :)

M5Cars, your website looks good.

I worked for Mercedes main dealer for 5 years (sales exec then sales manager), set up a spray painting which is my main focus now.

I trade from home, 2 or 3 cars a month;

This year so far

10 cars

Average invoice value - £11,192

Profit per unit - £866

I agree with Grantlfc81. I have a £24k 530d in stock for 4 weeks no calls. Smaller stuff seems to move quickerIve never been asked for finance before and I have no finance in place. However i have a 13K car that a customer need finance on to deal. I will contact Motnovo & close bros tomorrow. Can anyone advise how long it takes to get in place? What is the commission like? Will finance brokers deal with me as a trader from home?

Thanks

6 hours ago, Will said:

M5Cars, your website looks good.

I worked for Mercedes main dealer for 5 years (sales exec then sales manager), set up a spray painting which is my main focus now.

I trade from home, 2 or 3 cars a month;

This year so far

10 cars

Average invoice value - £11,192

Profit per unit - £866

I agree with Grantlfc81. I have a £24k 530d in stock for 4 weeks no calls. Smaller stuff seems to move quickerIve never been asked for finance before and I have no finance in place. However i have a 13K car that a customer need finance on to deal. I will contact Motnovo & close bros tomorrow. Can anyone advise how long it takes to get in place? What is the commission like? Will finance brokers deal with me as a trader from home?

Thanks

Forget getting finance commissions because you aren’t set up to provide finance. Your customer will need to get his own finance. 

I feel a bit daft telling someone who worked as a sales exec for a franchise this but;

1. You will need to be FCA registered to deal with the likes of MN and CB. 

2. You cannot tell your customer you can offer finance because, unless you are FCA registered and set up with a finance house or, an IAR for a third party broker, you can’t offer finance. 

So definitely do not take a customers details and pass them on to anyone (GDPR) and to avoid any entanglement with trading standards don’t put on your website you offer finance because they MAY visit you randomly and they MAY take a dim view of false advertising. 

As for your 530d, it’s up at £24k, which of course will take longer to sell than a £5k Corsa or Fiesta. Logically, as a rule of thumb, the more expensive the car the longer it will take to sell  

Many years ago I had a fully optioned Jag XJ in Black, top power diesel, advertised on behalf of a friend and eventually I had it down to £26K - identical cars (with more miles) at the main dealers were £30K. I could of sold it 10 times over if I did finance, but I didn’t so it sat there for 9 months & eventually went back whence it came. 

I would not want any lumpy stuff like this as a doorstepper with no finance options in place. 

On 6/7/2018 at 8:32 AM, BHM said:

Many years ago I had a fully optioned Jag XJ in Black, top power diesel, advertised on behalf of a friend and eventually I had it down to £26K - identical cars (with more miles) at the main dealers were £30K. I could of sold it 10 times over if I did finance, but I didn’t so it sat there for 9 months & eventually went back whence it came. 

I would not want any lumpy stuff like this as a doorstepper with no finance options in place. 

Agreed. A lumpy car sticks out on your website and is a lot harder when you dont offer finance. I had my wifes XC60 on at 20k a year ago (one of us manages to earn a wage) which was 1500 less than anyone else. still ended up taking a big chip on it to move it on when someone eventually bit.