Sign in to follow this  
EPV

That sinking feeling...

3 hours ago, EPV said:

I don’t have a diagnostic reader mate. My local garage has them all. As I understand it, the proper ones are about 2 grand? I don’t ever encounter enough situations where spending that kind of money would justify it. Any part ex’s I take in I whip round the corner and get him to plug it in. 

I know this does little compared to Snap On Solus for example but reads enough for me to make an informed decision and can reset codes too - you can they see what comes back on when you reach your garage.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Diagnostic-Scanner-Battery-CHRYSLER-PORSCHE/dp/B0788KYY4Q/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1527835268&sr=8-3&keywords=code+reader

Well at that price it’s gotta be worth having around I suppose. 

I bought that Titan vacuum you recommended. Off shortly to valet the nuts out of an ML350 so let’s see if she’s up to the job... 

i would suggest this is a better one as it communicates with things my launch cant and its the same price,really invaluable when seeing if lambdas are switching as an example on how to save wonga wonga

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vgate-Scan-VS600-Any-Car-OBD2-EOBD-CAN-BUS-Fault-Code-Scanner-Reader-Tool-UK/320915272514?hash=item4ab80a7342:g:zVYAAOxyzqdTdrDL

Edited by chief runnin bee

3 hours ago, chief runnin bee said:

i would suggest this is a better one as it communicates with things my launch cant and its the same price,really invaluable when seeing if lambdas are switching as an example on how to save wonga wonga

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vgate-Scan-VS600-Any-Car-OBD2-EOBD-CAN-BUS-Fault-Code-Scanner-Reader-Tool-UK/320915272514?hash=item4ab80a7342:g:zVYAAOxyzqdTdrDL

"13.Memory/battery backup for off-vehicle data review & analysis"

I appreciate you're not the salesman:D, but how does this feature work in real life?

Edited by met

We've just got a new code reader after having just a £29.99 eBay jobbie.

Launch CRP129. It's a bit more money at £260, but it also reads Airbag, ABS, Transmission related codes, resets oil service lights, and winds back electronic handbrakes.

Paid for itself already!

We used to use our mechanic to do our plug-ins, which he didn't charge us for but we didn't want to take the mick.

Also helps if you buy something with lights on, read and delete the codes and see which ones come back on the drive home. We've had 2 EML's that once cleared haven't come back!

1 hour ago, D&M said:

Launch CRP129. It's a bit more money at £260, but it also reads Airbag, ABS, Transmission related codes, resets oil service lights, and winds back electronic handbrakes.

Paid for itself already!

We used to use our mechanic to do our plug-ins, which he didn't charge us for but we didn't want to take the mick.

Also helps if you buy something with lights on, read and delete the codes and see which ones come back on the drive home. We've had 2 EML's that once cleared haven't come back!

I probably do £1250+ a month with him and that will soon be £2000+ a month mate. Plus every now and then I slip him a note for a drink. 

He can give me a few diagnostics for nowt in return :)

1 hour ago, D&M said:

Paid for itself already!

i have one of these absolutely vital for abs lights

sometimes it takes a while to get comms thats why often the cheaper one i mentioned is used for basic stuff as its quicker,i dont have a battery in either of them though not like the old gendan that timed out after a year and a day

the launch can be updated online too