EPV

Numatic Hoovers

1 minute ago, EPV said:

TFR? 

Traffic Film Remover

Another thumbs up for the Numatic, mines outlived 2 Karchers!

• Like 1

be careful with tfr as its caustic i had to go to hospital after it got under my skin 20 years ago,i still have a scar where they cut me open

3 minutes ago, chief nut job said:

be careful with tfr as its caustic i had to go to hospital after it got under my skin 20 years ago,i still have a scar where they cut me open

You can buy non-caustic too.

Had a similar thing with my hands flaring up due to not using gloves, I’ve respected it since :ph34r:

54 minutes ago, AutoJacob said:

Here's some good advice, don't bother with brisk on seats, use TFR/Water mix and you will never look back.

21 minutes ago, c_cars said:

Traffic Film Remover

Another thumbs up for the Numatic, mines outlived 2 Karchers

Trade plan TFR from Halfords any good? 

2 hours ago, EPV said:

Always used Autosmart, failing that most motor factor stuff is ok for the job. 

• Like 1

Using any kind of TFR on seats is a big no for me. Rots the stitching on French cars especially. Imagine what it does to a

customers sweaty arse. 

"Hello, I want to bring my car back as my arse has rotted away". Can I put a warranty claim in please?

at least they wouldn't be full of shit anymore.....:D

6 minutes ago, twerp said:

washing up power, hot water, stiff brush and wetvac

+1

TFR from euro car parts.. 25L £14.50 with our sexy discount

1 hour ago, RHO said:

Using any kind of TFR on seats is a big no for me. Rots the stitching on French cars especially. Imagine what it does to a

customers sweaty arse. 

"Hello, I want to bring my car back as my arse has rotted away". Can I put a warranty claim in please?

at least they wouldn't be full of shit anymore.....:D

it's used at pretty much every main dealer known.

If you're rotting fabric, you're using too much.

Edited by AutoJacob

As I said. I don't use it.

I Just remember years ago probably decades ago someone used it on a 205 GTI and a few weeks later the stitching fell apart on the seats. 

I think i’m ok with me Autosmart Brisk! 

9 hours ago, EPV said:

The Titan one I bought works fine on carpets and I can't see why it wouldn't work on seats. You shouldn't be getting the seats soaking wet anyway cos it plays havoc with the seat belt sensor. Use Autosmart Brisk which doesn't over wet the fabric.

Soooo many crap valeters soak the seats, set off the seat occupancy sensors and ping the airbag light on. 

22 minutes ago, Dealer said:

Soooo many crap valeters soak the seats, set off the seat occupancy sensors and ping the airbag light on. 

I learned that the hard way. I took a Qashqai into my local gaff, they do a good job for fifty quid when I haven’t got time. Anyway the seat occupancy light was flashing away like a strobe when I picked it up and I didn’t clock why. My mechanic just disconnected the system for me and that was that. 

I passing the valet gaff a fortnight later and saw one of them washing down a seat with a sponge and soapy water like he was washing a window. That was an “aha!” Moment. 

9 hours ago, EPV said:

I learned that the hard way. I took a Qashqai into my local gaff, they do a good job for fifty quid when I haven’t got time. Anyway the seat occupancy light was flashing away like a strobe when I picked it up and I didn’t clock why. My mechanic just disconnected the system for me and that was that. 

I passing the valet gaff a fortnight later and saw one of them washing down a seat with a sponge and soapy water like he was washing a window. That was an “aha!” Moment. 

I've seen them pouring kettles of hot water over them! 

When I was about 18, I worked as a valeter for about 6-12 months at a main dealer and also an independent.  Back then we used to completely steam clean (I do mean pressure wash, not a steam generator) everything - seats, door cards, dash the lot (avoiding, stereos and clocks obviously).  Far fewer elcectricals back then I suppose.