Philip Nothard

How much does the colour itself influence the price to you pay and subsequently retail a used car for in today's market?

How much does the colour itself influence the price to you pay and subsequently retail a used car for in today's market?

If you take the Ford Focus as the example, would you pay a difference price for a Black which covers 12% of the cars sold, over Red, which accounts for 5%?  Then what about when it comes to the differences between a  Black Zetec compared to a Black Titanium X?

I accept that it would be relative to the age and mileage, and that models such as the STs will perform differently, as an Orange ST-3 will attract more than an Orange Zetec S (if you see one :-))

Please let me know your email address, and I will send the file below over to review and give your opinion - or just add it here.

Indicate if you feel there is a distinct value difference from the met to flat colour.

See attached file.......

I know of people buying up green and being Range Rovers and wrapping them in black and white, makes a big difference to its value apparently. Buying green and being at auction knocks off a few grand and selling white of black in the city ads a few grand.

Sure its not the same for all cars, but interesting for the "trendy" stuff...