jamslug

The new way for consumers to get pricing knowledge..... apparently.

I have just had 'pricing dyslexia' taken to a new level.

So I had a golf estate up for £11200 .

Customers were very interested in part exchanging against it and did their "homework" before they arrived.

They used we buy any car to value my golf, they accused me of ripping them off as WBAC would have paid £7000 for it and I have it up for over £4000 more!

Well well well. This is a new situation. Although my golf was the cheapest in the area they were not happy that they were getting the best deal and were adamant that I was ripping them off.

I tried to explain to the husband how WBAC works, but he "ALREADY KNOWS".

Eurghh :o

• Like 1

You guys are just making too much profit :) !

Had two similar situations last year .. both customers asked for reg numbers to check insurance .. then came to view the cars, after some time said WBAY Would offer £x for that I was selling ...

I said I have no idea what they would pay but I am asking £xx , after explaining trade/ condition / warranty etc etc - Keeping very calm :) I did sell to both ... 

I guess you suggested to the customer they should go and buy from WBAC ?????? 

Lots of customers just don't get the difference between retail and trade.

WBAC values are very clever though. No fixed relationship to guide values and just tempting enough to get customers to turn up when selling.

Not had a customer use it to benchmark a retail price before though! Out of interest, what was book retail on the Golf?

• Like 1