Sign in to follow this  
Flipping Cars

Best car salesman (saleswoman) games or pranks you've played

OK i know this is a little childish but when you have that 1 hour you just cant kill
Whats the best games you've played or things you've done or pranks you've played on colleagues to while away the hour

e.g. how many car salesmen can you fit in the boot of a 'INSERT ANY CAR NAME'

Im sure some of you have played some crackers, especially the old dogs on here. 

(p.s. i am very professional in what i do, 99% of the time haha)

Usual one we used to do was get a certain phrase or unusual made up words into the conversation when the customer was clearly not dealing or was messing about

Had to stop once when a customer pulled up one of the salesman when he was dared to keep telling the customer about the new dufenspangloid system on the Citroen DS5, customer rumbled him immediately and wrote a letter to Citroen saying how we were taking the piss out of him.

• Like 1

Long ago,when I was a junior working on this busy pitch for £10 basic plus commission for doing 10 per week etc.The best sales guy was a Blake Carrington lookalike ( anyone remember him) who sold so many he had his own young ‘cocky’gopher to do all the paperwork and hand overs.So Blake being so busy gives the gopher a strong sales lead for a Sunbeam Tiger which were hard to get.He says we have had a Lord on the phone,give his Lordship a call insist on speaking to him,be polite and offer to show him the tiger,it’s a guaranteed sale.The cocky gopher must have  got through and got a real ear bashing .He did not know he was calling Lord Lambton whose stateley home grounds included his  Lambton LION park.

told one young apprentice to go to the sweet shop and get me a quarter of bell ends

On 4/14/2018 at 3:46 PM, Dan W said:

Usual one we used to do was get a certain phrase or unusual made up words into the conversation when the customer was clearly not dealing or was messing about

Had to stop once when a customer pulled up one of the salesman when he was dared to keep telling the customer about the new dufenspangloid system on the Citroen DS5, customer rumbled him immediately and wrote a letter to Citroen saying how we were taking the piss out of him.

Did get 'rusty bullet holes ' into a conversation with an old dear customer many years ago with the excuse it was 'trade talk' for stone chips on the part ex. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Matt Reid said:

Did get 'rusty bullet holes ' into a conversation with an old dear customer many years ago with the excuse it was 'trade talk' for stone chips on the part ex. 

Vintage banter lol, must admit we played that game a lot also how stupid can you make the mystery shopper feel.

think my record for that was doing the 5 point presentation I said I want to show you this... and proceeded to walk him around the car 5 times without saying a word and then said right jump in lets go for a drive.

The best trick is, if you have a car that needs the clutch depressed to start the car,you need to tell the customer that it has a vocal immobiliser and they need to shout the name of the car out loud,when the car dosent start you take over push the clutch down and shout out,the car starts and they are baffled you can keep this up for quite a while.