Sign in to follow this  
Autolink100

CarGurus Rate Hike

So I just had a conversation with our account manager at Cargurus. Our contract is up at the end of the month and surprise surprise they want more money. I'm currently paying £275 a month for their standard package and  he tells me it should be going up to £580!! but because I'm a loyal customer blah blah blah he thinks he can get it down to £380.

Its obviously a game of negotiation with them so I'm wondering if anyone else has had this conversation with them yet and where you wound up. What is everyone else paying at the moment?. I stock around 30 cars  but when I signed up the deal was that I would not be capped within reason. I know I've sold a few cars from there and I think it looks good value at what I'm currently paying but as I expected it looks like they are getting greedy just like AT

Just cancelled for the same reason.  Looks like I'll be trying AT again after all.

Really annoyed tbh as I've provided lots of feedback to them and stuck with them few the first 6-8 months when they were not sending me anything.  Now a hike of more than 50%.

Just curious.  What package did you have?  We were offered 100 cars for £450

Edited by Earunder

11 minutes ago, Earunder said:

Just curious.  What package did you have?  We were offered 100 cars for £450

Was that their new price or what you were paying originally. We only stock around 30 but they originally said we wouldn't be capped if we wanted to put more on. I'm not sure how their bandings work

That's their old pricing.  We were meant to be paying £550.  New pricing I'm waiting to hear back on.  I've said I won't budge due to trying to help them compete and they'll be shooting themselves in the foot.  I've not recommended them enough but a price hike!?!?!  AND At this much!?!?!  Jog on, AT2 in coming and will nip that in the bud before it starts!

I had the free package for most of last year, lots of emails but none of them turned into a sale, the guy on the phone offered a 3 month free trial on their standard paid for package and quoted £550 per month for 35 cars if I signed up for 9 months after free trial ended. I didn't take them up as it meant committing to nearly £5000, that was January so looks like I was quoted the new price? Still on freebie at the moment

We pay £450 and have 55 cars on at the moment, its meant to be a top package similar to AT sponsored listings,,, it does pay to be on there but if they try to hike price i will be off, there are so many advertising sites at the moment and i am of the opinion that punters just do a google search and its whatever few sites pop up first that they scan, i am no longer afraid to cancel anything thats not pulling its weight and try another, remember its us that pays their wages. Just had an e mail this morning from our website provider offering deals with Shpock, i thought Shpock was on the star ship enterprise but nope they are the next big thing,,,, thought that was find and fund but i cancelled them.... Onwards and upwards....

26 minutes ago, whitestone679231 said:

Just had an e mail this morning from our website provider offering deals with Shpock, i thought Shpock was on the star ship enterprise but nope they are the next big thing,,,, thought that was find and fund but i cancelled them.... Onwards and upwards....

Had the same. A quick look at Shpock tells me the clientele are at a lower level than Scumtree.. It’s a no from us!

50 minutes ago, c_cars said:

Had the same. A quick look at Shpock tells me the clientele are at a lower level than Scumtree.. It’s a no from us!

my thoughts exactly, but you never know they move step up a gear.