Sign in to follow this  
Tom

Auctions houses still charge CC Fees?

15 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

what about starting slowly and building up?

next gear are popular up my way

Circumstances have dictated that I am throwing myself into this mate. Thanks for the heads up 

Amex won’t do it

One of our partners tried years ago and it was a big no no,

its achievable with most of the others as far as I know...

3 minutes ago, SC Derby said:

Amex won’t do it

One of our partners tried years ago and it was a big no no,

its achievable with most of the others as far as I know...

Yes i’ve found this out the hard way! I suspect it’s because if the CC is a high reward one it’s open to all sorts of abuse. People recycling money at 1.4% can soon add up to a lot of points. 

Can you not simply pay for the stock on your CC (depending on how, where you source?)

4 minutes ago, Mark101 said:

Can you not simply pay for the stock on your CC (depending on how, where you source?)

Well, bca def don’t take Amex and a lot of my stock comes from privates tbh 

Erm... can you not apply for some Mastercards/Visa before you ditch your FT job?

Just now, Mark101 said:

Erm... can you not apply for some Mastercards/Visa before you ditch your FT job?

Too late for that! Anyway I was self employed. I applied for a new Amex 3 weeks ago and it got approved and issued out with a £15k limit. I wish I had applied for a non Amex now. Don’t want to have too many application for credit to be honest although I could probably stand one more application before it affects my rating. 

You had a missed call earlier, number ending in 496. That was me. Was ringing to pick your brain about all this. 

3 minutes ago, EPV said:

Too late for that! Anyway I was self employed. I applied for a new Amex 3 weeks ago and it got approved and issued out with a £15k limit. I wish I had applied for a non Amex now. Don’t want to have too many application for credit to be honest although I could probably stand one more application before it affects my rating. 

You had a missed call earlier, number ending in 496. That was me. Was ringing to pick your brain about all this. 

Sorry James - I was at the auction and only saw the call later on (and didn't have your number).

I'm out all day tomorrow (wifes birthday) but I'll dig that missed call and call you on Friday?

Just now, Mark101 said:

Sorry James - I was at the auction and only saw the call later on (and didn't have your number).

I'm out all day tomorrow (wifes birthday) but I'll dig that missed call and call you on Friday?

Cheers