Sign in to follow this  
Mikey360

Is my insurance pricey?

Hi all, new to the game and just starting out.

Just sorted out my trade insurance with the chaps from thinkinsurance, it cost £1877 (cars kept at premises, no engine restrictions, 5k max value, test drives covered & personal vehicle included)

Is that about right for a first timer? 

No, it sounds a small fortune to me but it’ll depend upon your age, driving convictions & postcode. However if you’re a 21 year old nutter with 15 points & live in a rough neighbourhood it’s a bloody bargain.

Anyhow, welcome.

42 minutes ago, BHM said:

No, it sounds a small fortune to me but it’ll depend upon your age, driving convictions & postcode. However if you’re a 21 year old nutter with 15 points & live in a rough neighbourhood it’s a bloody bargain.

Anyhow, welcome.

Thanks for the reply, I'm 26, clean licence, corby area. I think the main problem is I'm storing the cars at a separate residential address (basically my works address). I was quoted £1200 to keep them on my drive at home but there really isn't the space here. 

Ah well, that’s the reason then.

As recent start-up (restarter), I had to use my 4 years private no claims and I pay about £1400 upto £20k per unit unlimited stock - for my wife and I to drive on business and/or socially. I'm 44, 3 points (SP30) and live in a Worcestershire.

• Like 1

Just renewed mine. £920 for the same cover as you fully comp but cars kept at home (home trader). I’m 31 within a Birmingham postcode which unfortunately comes under the highest premiums in the country. Annoying thing is I don’t even live in Birmingham I’m in staffordshire but still comes within a B postcode area. 

• Like 1