Sign in to follow this  
ik1980

Best place to advertise niche/odd stuff?

19 minutes ago, BHM said:

Bottle green. Lovely.

To most of us,it is maybe worth £700 on a very good day.However,I have had first hand experience selling stuff like that in South London.It was a while ago,but super low mileage old stuff with history under £3k would sell quickly,especially autos.However,it took us 2 years to find that out having previously tried everything else under £10k.I see this one is in Dartford which is not that far away from where we were in Dulwich,they will probably sell it !

1 hour ago, trade vet said:

To most of us,it is maybe worth £700 on a very good day.However,I have had first hand experience selling stuff like that in South London.It was a while ago,but super low mileage old stuff with history under £3k would sell quickly,especially autos.However,it took us 2 years to find that out having previously tried everything else under £10k.I see this one is in Dartford which is not that far away from where we were in Dulwich,they will probably sell it !

Hi BHM

Take a look at the stock at this pitch in Dartford,it’s called AMC cars,it just proves my point,are these some of the most expensive cars in the U.K......They appear to do well,can you imagine the punters they will get....Good luck to them.

On 01/02/2018 at 1:18 PM, ik1980 said:

I have just taken in PX a Rover 75 estate, its pretty decent but not my thing. Any ideas on the best place to advertise it? I was thinking eBay, or a fan forum type site? Any suggestions?

Probably a bit late now but a couple of Rover 75's are going through Manheim Colchester on thursday night. Could be interesting to watch

I sold mine on Saturday. Some old boy came (nice chap) and took it. He made me an offer on it, I did OK out of it. I went on eBay, and did a search, the diesel low miles autos seem to sell for good money. 

The 1.8 engine is slow though.

1 hour ago, ik1980 said:

I sold mine on Saturday. Some old boy came (nice chap) and took it. He made me an offer on it, I did OK out of it. I went on eBay, and did a search, the diesel low miles autos seem to sell for good money. 

The 1.8 engine is slow though.

Funnily enough I was behind one today in some traffic.