Sign in to follow this  
Dan Read

Car Dealer Magazine Needs You!

Calling all car dealers!

As some of you already know, I’ve been putting together a guide to becoming a car dealer – published every month in the magazine – aimed at people who are new to the game and could use a little help as they get started.

That’s why I’ve been contacting many of you, asking for your expert advice, which has formed the backbone of each article.

It’s a cutthroat world out there, but I’ve found a brilliant sense of community among dealers who are prepared to share their wisdom with the next generation, as well as promoting a very positive, professional image of the industry.

And I need your help again…

For the next piece I want to hear your horror stories – from terrible test drives to nightmare customers to unshiftable stock and deals gone wrong. What was your worst experience as a car dealer? How did it happen? And most importantly, what have you learned from it?

If you’d like to be featured, send me a message by 26 Feb, either on here or to my email address – danread83@gmail.com – and I'll call you for a quick chat.

Thank you to everyone who’s helped so far and I hope to talk to more of you soon.

Dan Read

Writer – ‘So You Wanna Be a Car Dealer’

Sounds great, I'm full of stories but what's the deal. Are you offering a one off fee or a percentage of the profits?:D

Dan, I've posted this on the Autotrader Forum to cast your net a bit further ... 

Hope you get some good content!

Umesh 

On 12/01/2018 at 2:15 PM, met said:

Sounds great, I'm full of stories but what's the deal. Are you offering a one off fee or a percentage of the profits?:D

Ha, just some good, old-fashioned PR in the article I'm afraid. Love to hear those stories if you fancy sharing a couple and have a few spare mins.

On 12/01/2018 at 3:50 PM, umesh said:

Dan, I've posted this on the Autotrader Forum to cast your net a bit further ... 

Hope you get some good content!

Umesh 

Thanks Umesh, much appreciated, you're a gentleman as ever!