jamslug

Help, I need a system to keep track of orders and requests...

I have been using a pen paper, notepad , phone notes and I just lose track of what people are looking for.

I need good way of keeping this side of sales organised and free from lost opportunities because I have lost the tiny scrap of paper or forgotten that there is a note saved on my phone.

I am just wondering how you guys keep track of orders and requests and is there a fail safe way of not losing these valuable leads?

Thanks in advance,

James

Have you thought about investing in a DMS system? There are lots available and it could prove beneficial. It might be a little sledgehammer to crack a nut for you at the moment so maybe a simple Excel spreadsheet could work?

I wonder what the others on here use.

I have thought about a DMS but I don't want another monthly overhead. I have had a software developer create a custom DMS for me that just does what I want it to do. I am going to try and run an excel spreadsheet for this and see how it pans out. Unless anyone else has other ideas?

Excel is a good idea

I made a little form on the computer, includes name, numbers, cars of interest, budget and part ex details. They are all printed off and kept in a little leather notebook sized folder/organiser. Its good to have a hard copy, as you can easily put it in your pocket before going to auctions etc

I use an online notebook system called Evernote which has apps for iPhone, Android and Windows as well as a desktop application so then everything you do is synced across all devices and you always have a record of it.