Sign in to follow this  
c_cars

Help For Heroes Banger Run 2014

I don't know whether anyone from here is doing this but thought Id pop a quick post up anyway..

Banger Run is an event run by Help For Heroes, driving 4 days across Europe in a £250 car to Lake Como Italy, taking in 5 of Europes most gruelling roads, including the Stelvio Pass!

This years event starts on 30th August (this Saturday) and Im entering a team, and ultimately, the reason for my post is to get sponsorship.. :rolleyes: The overall fundraising target is £30000 and as of last night the total has reached £29000!

Our chosen car is a 1993 Volvo 850 estate, a part exchange which was abandoned in our compound and with the theme this year being Best of British we've had it painted in the 1993/4 British Touring Car Volvo colours.

We've got a Facebook page up and running http://www.facebook.com/jmcbangerrun where there are photos of the car and we'll be posting updates during the run.

If you'd like to sponsor us you can text BNGR77 £2 (or £5 / £10) to 70070 or you can donate online at our JustGiving page http://www.justgiving.com/jmcbangerrun

Thanks for your support! :D

Decals are in the process of being done, fitted tomorrow along with a quick blast of anthacite grey on the wheels! Nothing like last minute! :D

Seeing as this has been bumped!

We completed the run in our £250 Volvo, with a round trip just short of 2500 miles, including a visit of the Monza F1 circuit and a couple of laps of the Nurburgring and the whole event has raised over £35000 so far for Help For Heroes!

My highlight of the trip? Going up Stelvio Pass filming (with the iPhone!) from the roof of the Volvo! :rolleyes: