Sign in to follow this  
jimreidvehicle

RE: Tesco social media team’s Twitter joke shows motor trade how it should be done

FANTASTIC ! As we keep saying the power of twitter !

Just hope that 'fashion' trend doesn't take off ! :)

• Like 1

Here we go again.... throwing ourselves at the feet of the great Social Media phenomenon

Guys. I'm sure you're lovely fellas but you should stop spending so much of your precious time a-tweetin'-and-a-twattin'

There's cars to be sold. And as funny (or not) as this might be, it ain't shifting the stock!

While you boys have been chortling into your lattes, I've been flogging a car to one of your customers who couldn't get served in your showroom 'cos all your staff were peering at their phones and ignored him.

Here we go again.... throwing ourselves at the feet of the great Social Media phenomenon

Guys. I'm sure you're lovely fellas but you should stop spending so much of your precious time a-tweetin'-and-a-twattin'

There's cars to be sold. And as funny (or not) as this might be, it ain't shifting the stock!

While you boys have been chortling into your lattes, I've been flogging a car to one of your customers who couldn't get served in your showroom 'cos all your staff were peering at their phones and ignored him.

It's really quite amazing that some people just don't GET IT! One thing is for sure no one visiting our site manages to walk off without being spoken too, also Latte's are ONLY for coffee time. It's great that we can have a balance of Social Media interaction which produces customers and STILL manage to deal with customers enquiries from all mediums, i.e. telephone, e-mail , walk-in and Social Media, it takes quite a while to get up to this level, but Green Giant if you want any tips please just give me or Umesh a shout we are more than willing to help you, we even have the Awards to prove it  ;)

That's very kind of you, Jim.

And you don't seem like a latte sort of bloke to me - more Americano with a splash of milk and 1 sweetener I reckon.

It may also be the case that I too have a stack of awards and am just 'poking the bear' to wind people up. It has been said many times that there's no fun in this business any more, so maybe we have to just entertain ourselves?

That's very kind of you, Jim.

And you don't seem like a latte sort of bloke to me - more Americano with a splash of milk and 1 sweetener I reckon.

It may also be the case that I too have a stack of awards and am just 'poking the bear' to wind people up. It has been said many times that there's no fun in this business any more, so maybe we have to just entertain ourselves?

The fun is all on Twitter mate thats why we are there! You should try it sometime! Really you should  ;)  And just for the record , I'm quite partial to a Cappuccino, no sweetener, I'm more than sweet enough !

Also you will have to be careful not to be spending too much time on this forum, you may miss a customer if you don't look up from your PC , just saying :)

• Like 1