Sign in to follow this  
James Baggott

RE: Teenagers’ waning interest in cars could cause problems in the future

I've always loved cars. Always will. But apparently teenagers are starting to lose interest. Well, at least it's starting to worry a few at the top of the car industry.

What do you think? Still sell a lot of cars to teenagers? Or are they looking for their first cars later in life these days?

my last sale was to a teenager, sorry should i call him "gen z " lol?  came with his parents of course, fortunatley [ for me] his parents had talked him into starting second hand and under £2k, and looking for the lowest insurance, he probably [ and many are after lookig at overdescribed dross] without his parents guide ended falling for a new car with " free insurance" and battling with credit for five ? years, hardly a good start in life in my opinion.

Teenagers lost interest in cars five year ago i reckon, show them where to top the oil up and theyre not even looking when you glance up at them, does it stop does it start, where do i plug my tablet in or something is all i hear, very sad.

Education is whats needed, if you shop around you can get cheap insurance, ok you might need a black box fitted, and you might be restricted to not going out after 12 pm and the parents should guide them more, explain theyve better chance of getting on in life if they have wheels AND how to look after them, it saves money ! I try when they turn up at my place but they think i am just out for the sale, ho hum !

• Like 1

Well said. I always wanted a car because I loved them. But my step daughter wanted hers because it gave her an opportunity to get a job. It's all about freedom really isn't it? Whether you like cars or not surely most people can see they offer an opportunity to explore the world a little further... even teenagers.