Sign in to follow this  
williamblackshaw

Energy efficient workshop lighting

Our workshop lighting is become poor and bulbs are beginning to pop all the time, and due to them being so high up, it's a hassle each time to sort, I plan to replace them as bulbs go but wondered what people would recommend for good lighting and good efficiency

Thanks

Will, I'm just looking at more efficient lighting for the showroom, I replace all the tubes every 3-4 years ! all 100 odd ! amazing the difference in brightness but am considering LED  , I have some on test at the moment makes a massive difference in brightness and makes the colours of the cars 'shine' :)

Just got to weigh up the overall costs ! to replace all the lights £3k ! ouch but supposed to be 71% saving !so payback shouldn't take too long !

Simple maths I guess, cost + cost to run over how many years you plan to be there, had an interesting guy in for heating the other week, for suspended ceilings, you replace the tiles with these heaters, you wouldn't think they are there, each has it's own thermostat and switches on  / off as it needs to meet the heating you've set it at, also can be switched on a timer for out of hours and weekends. Silent, cheap and looks fit for the job