James Baggott

What does 2014 have in store for the car industry?

Today Car Dealer gathered together our Automotive Influencers for a photo shoot at the RAC Club in London.

We had 12 car manufacturer bosses and seven top motor trade suppliers who have given their thoughts to Car Dealer, for our next issue, on what the industry has in store in 2014.

Today I interviewed the manufacturer bosses about what they thought this year's new car market would look like too. Their answers were very interesting.

Luckily I asked them all while I was pointing a camera at them and we'll be releasing that video very soon.

But for now how about having a guess at what they said. Did they think the market would be up or down? What was the highest percentage point increase or decrease they predicted?

And what do you think the car market will do this year? Have your say below and then see how that matches out car manufacturer bosses' views when we release the video.

It'll be an interesting test to see if dealer views match the perceptions of car manufacturers. A sort of social experiment...

I look forward to seeing what you write!

Ok, so I guess you were all a little bit worried about sticking your neck on the line. I don't blame you ;)

Here's what our Automotive Influencers told us they thought the UK car market would do in 2014. 

You can read the full feature in the next issue of Car Dealer Magazine - out on February 18.

Story here:

http://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/car-maufacturer-bosses-predict-car-sales-will-grow-in-2014/79230

So, the manufacturers think the market will increase, bless 'em.

Wheel.

Reinvented.

I predict that the Grand Total of all the manufacturers' volume predictions will be waaaaay more than either likely or possible.

Maybe the question should be 'who's going to underperform vs their aspirations?'

They can't all be right....

• Like 2

I think new car sales will increase, tyres will become 'green' and as usual the insurance companies will come up with a way to increase our premiums!