Sign in to follow this  
grant8064

Trade sales on the Bay

I know it's probably just a one off but it restored my faith a touch...

Took a big ten year old German smoker in chop about six months ago, a very very straight car despite having double digit owners and not much in the way of history.

Managed to sell it twice taking it back in each time due to its size. Third time back and its developed a bit of noise from the driveshaft, not an issue but it was becoming a bit of a forecourt feature and the part wasn't an off the breakers shelf bit so it was time to go online for a trade sale. I envisaged the usual million emails and tyre kickers and thought if we could actually get rid of it within three listings we'd be doing well.

Sold today first time, guy messages within ten minutes to arrange collection, pays and collects within the hour. No chipping on price (he tried but that's fair enough) and we have a new contact for decent stuff we don't want to go with. Lovely bloke and he WAS actually trade as requested rather than Joe Public looking for a cheapie.

It's not often but just occasionally a non-messer turns up! 

14 minutes ago, twerp said:

Interestingly, I saw a Pendragon garage auctioning cheapies on eBay

Recipe for disaster IMO and we do it very very rarely but this thing we had was a genuinely good lump. Mass trading junk on eBay is asking for CRA issues and comebacks.

Waste of time, usually foreign winning bidders who either don’t show or expect more money off 

Have had quite a lot of sucess auction selling on ebay with a reserve from £750 cars to £5,500 cars. Rather use AT but ebay does generate a lot of interest albeit not always lots of decent interest!