Sign in to follow this  
sparky

January Madness

As expected, the 'good news' stock is making bonkers money in the hall with the  average stuff not far behind leaving many  small dealers including myself who can't or won't play ball left scratching their heads.

Personally, I play the waiting game at times like these in the hope and expectation that the market will settle down and normal service can be resumed. If that means empty spaces for a few weeks then so be it. It's just frustrating not being able to buy the usual bread and butter stuff and whilst I don't expect to nick anything at this time of year, it would be nice to have some profit left in the metal.

How does everyone else cope during this period when you may as well throw the book away?

This is always the risk, as many re-sellers hold stock back ready for the new year and more and more dealers trying to beat it by buying early in November/December.  Is the consumer demand there, and do you feel you'll miss much business by having empty spaces on the forecourt?

We stocked up during late November and December and hopefully sitting pretty for the great January take-off! But if AutoTradeMail is anything to go by, stock is making good money at the moment! Let's hope customer demands meet expectations. Bring it on!

Great start for the month for me thus far. :)

• Like 1

Good stock as we all know will always command good money ! I won't pay silly, silly, money but at times you have to be brave and pay the money to make money, empty spaces will only return nothing !

Had plenty - stocked up even more ..Now lets make it #BOOM ! :)

BOOM's all over the shop here bud! :)

Good stock as we all know will always command good money ! I won't pay silly, silly, money but at times you have to be brave and pay the money to make money, empty spaces will only return nothing !

Had plenty - stocked up even more ..Now lets make it #BOOM ! :)

I agree, once you start 'chasing' stock and paying well over book you can end up with expensive overage stock 90 days down the line but empty spaces don't sell cars. Find a decent cars at a decent prices, stock them and wait for the prices of 'prime' stock to fall as it always does. Play the waiting game and 2 months down the line your prime stock can be £1000 cheaper (with room to move downwards) then that of the dealers who paid the big money.