Sign in to follow this  
used car seller

parking tickets etc

Seem to have had my fair share this year, not  mine, from cars ive sold ! you see a high percentage of vehicles leaving my place have been registered to me. I am very good with the paperwork, within reason, i even nowadays put down the time as well as the date the car leaves my premises,on the invoice, i make a point with the customer that they mustnt loose the green slip i have just handed them [ from the v5] or it will cost them £25 and that makes there ears prick up and then they do hear the next part that the car WILL be put in there name/address from date of collection, so theyre not trying anything on i dont think, dont they care and just accept it as a hazard of modern life ? :rolleyes:   one poor chap about 2 month ago keeps going over a bridge in york where daytime travel is now banned, the council in there letter/s want, if recently sold, the original invoice posting to them prooving the sale ! its not happening ! and hasnt ! all they get is date of sale and details of new keeper !

Its the hassle, the stamp, and more importantly the time taken up with these tickets that annoys me, but can i charge a " fixed future administration fee in case of further action to be taken regarding parking tickets" fee of lets say £20 refundable within 6 month if no tickets received ? can i hell ! :D

I like your idea though. It would give the customers something to think about. I take it you only get the tickets in the few weeks it takes to change the ownership over?

The hassle must be a right pain though. I wonder whether other dealers have the same problems.

it strikes me that some companies / councils dont recheck with dvla  over five weeks if theres been a change of owner [ as it would cost them again the fee at dvla ] because i have had letters up to 6 weeks .