Sign in to follow this  
andymc1973

Corsa D Display Safe

All help welcome chaps, 58 plate Corsa, the radio plays but the display states *display safe*, what's caused this and how do i fix?

cheers

Andy

The display is linked to the head unit, at some point the head unit has been changed but not the display hence the SAFE message. Easier just to buy another unit but make sure it comes with the display and change both. 

would a decent auto electrician not be able to sort? oh and cheers for the quick reply

1 hour ago, andymc1973 said:

All help welcome chaps, 58 plate Corsa, the radio plays but the display states *display safe*, what's caused this and how do i fix?

cheers

Andy

Had the exact same problem with a Meriva a few years back. Turns out the unit had been replaced so wasn't paired. I went to a fella in Whitstable who done it while I waited. Wasn't very expensive so if you have someone near you it can be done

Mate had the same issue on 53 plate I think it was, after changing unit had to take it to auto electrician who linked them if that makes sense don't think he paid much to get it done

39 minutes ago, andymc1973 said:

would a decent auto electrician not be able to sort? oh and cheers for the quick reply

I've only had it done once and that was someone with the Vauxhall computer (Tech2?) they have to go through a process of divorcing the old unit before remarrying it to the new. He charged me £20. I pick up the units with display for £20. So yes it can definitely be done by a decent auto electrician! 

Edited by DHill

got the radio but not the screen, is it just as quick to get a second hand unit from the same car obviously

You cant get into any radio setting from ecu ring auto electrician sure its something simple for them