Sign in to follow this  
Ben at Glass's

Glass's FREE Monthly Market Report

Hi everyone

Our first ever Monthly Car Market report is now available for free download: http://www.glassbusiness.co.uk/monthly-car-market-insight/

Inside this complimentary report you will find:

• New car market overview, forecast and focus on diesel

• Used car market overview

• Residual Values performance and our accuracy

• Live retail market - September's fastest sellers

• Dealer market survey feedback

We are sure you will find it of interest and would be glad to hear any feedback you might have.

Thanks

Ben

Look forward to reading it later Ben.

One thing though...£8599 for a 59 plate Megane and old shape KA's as far as the eye can see...might be time to update the stock photo!! :P

• Like 1

Shame. Bearing in mind the recent 'madness' with used car prices over the last few months and the subsequent effect on retail prices, I'd have been very interested to read this, but sadly the link doesnt work for me. I just end up on your website landing page?

1 hour ago, Ben at Glass's said:

Hi Met

You can download the report from that page once you've filled in the form.

Let me know if you still have issues.

Ben

HI Ben, I'll try and have a dig around for it later, thanks

I think unless your buying right up in the year stock then Glasses guide and similar no longer have any reference to what is going on in the real world i was watching three traders fighting like there lives depended on it over a 55 plate fiesta this morning bought over double cap clean, My point being if i had my trusted little book and went to auction hoping to buy stock in a certain older range the book would be pointless. 

24 minutes ago, justina3 said:

I think unless your buying right up in the year stock then Glasses guide and similar no longer have any reference to what is going on in the real world i was watching three traders fighting like there lives depended on it over a 55 plate fiesta this morning bought over double cap clean, My point being if i had my trusted little book and went to auction hoping to buy stock in a certain older range the book would be pointless. 

But presumably if the shortage of stock means that the wholesale prices are rising then so are the retail?

Not down my neck of the woods people are panic buying over paying then having the stock stuck up there jumpers i call it sheep mode, you often see it when stock gets thin on the ground, i would rather have 10 cars owing me the correct money then 20 being stuffed up my rear end. 

Your logic is sound but in practice i have never seen it work like that in real life. 

34 minutes ago, justina3 said:

Not down my neck of the woods people are panic buying over paying then having the stock stuck up there jumpers i call it sheep mode, you often see it when stock gets thin on the ground, i would rather have 10 cars owing me the correct money then 20 being stuffed up my rear end. 

Your logic is sound but in practice i have never seen it work like that in real life.

You're in a great position if you are unaffected by the market at the moment. It's always interesting to hear about others experiences and there are certainly a lot of opinions around at the moment regarding the state of the market. And the market is in an interesting 'state' at the moment regardless of where you source your stock.

Umm i think you misunderstood what i said or i wrote it wrong, i am far from not affected, fed up of people through the nose and out bidding me on cars, my stock is half what it normally is which must have an affect on my sales, however i refuse to pay over the odds just for it to sit there and wait for me to reduce it down so i make zero on it.

• Like 1

On 14/10/2017 at 3:32 PM, justina3 said:

Umm i think you misunderstood what i said or i wrote it wrong, i am far from not affected, fed up of people through the nose and out bidding me on cars, my stock is half what it normally is which must have an affect on my sales, however i refuse to pay over the odds just for it to sit there and wait for me to reduce it down so i make zero on it.

No I understood, and in an ideal world we never pay more than we have to and always sell well like its our mantra! BUT, I think there are a lot of guys in this position, and sadly they can't hold off buying stock any longer. :unsure: Retail prices are on the up to reflect the increased wholesale prices, but some areas are more affected than others it appears.