autoecosse

Is your website responsive for mobile?

We recently got a G-Forces website launched and so far I am very happy with how everything has been. I previously asked for feedback on our site and some of you were kind enough to help me out, thank you!

Our site is now more responsive on mobile than it previously was (work in progress) I just wondered how other dealers were finding changing content etc so it's more suited for mobile.

Are you keeping your content shorter? It obviously has to remain informative but my fear is that when people are browsing on their phones they want quick information and not to be searching all over the website. It has to be natural too..

What are your thoughts on designing for mobile? and what obstacles have you come across?

Keep the content levels and quality high! Google (et al) use this as their main KPI for website grading these days... Fully responsive sites are designed to support all the content on your site.

I've been tasked with making our site better, which isn't difficult given the lousy existing one. I've gone for a WordPress theme (so user friendly) but will make sure it works for all devices.

I've been tasked with making our site better, which isn't difficult given the lousy existing one. I've gone for a WordPress theme (so user friendly) but will make sure it works for all devices.

Out of curiosity, why have you chosen WP and which theme are you going for? Does it work with feeds? I'd be interested to see what you produce. I'm a big fan of Wordpress.

I just like WordPress and am enthused by the whole ethos of it. There's not a plug in yet for a feed, but for us that's no big deal - we hold typically 25 cars in stock and uploading is all part of the fun and job. We refuse to pay AT's rates, and Motors isn't for us.

Why is it a nightmare? I don't see that at all. Yes, all of that is easy to do.

Just a small comment on Word Press, its easy to use and allows you to change the look very quickly however it is Open Source meaning any person can get their hands on the original code and will find holes in the system allowing your site to be prone to be hacked.

We have a content managed one meaning one of our staff can go on it and change wordings or post blogs. The problem is ours isn't optimised for smart devices yet (its the current background project) but it is high priority.

Content for search engines like Google is critical to be found so keep it high (Like Simon Said above)

Also not being optimised will penalise you (hence why the high priority project!)

Hope this helps