Mat C

AA Dealer Promise

Hiya, 

Just after everyones thoughts on this. I've bene approached ( as a specially selected dealer, yeah right! ) by the AA to see if I want to go with their approved by programme. 

Basically I pay them £235 + VAT a month to sign up to a 12 month contract. I agree as a dealer to abide by their commandments ( which we already do anyway ) BUT we get a wall plaque, I can use their logo on my website and I can give 12 months free AA cover with each car. The idea is that customer confidence in the AA associated with my company and drives more sales. My partner thinks its a good idea whereas I think £235 a month is quite a bit and not sure i'll get my return on investment.

Anyone had any success with this, I guess its down to how much you milk it, using their logo on Autotrader & website and adding it into the Advert blurb ( that no one actually reads ) oh and I get all my stock on their AA cars website too,

Just after everyones 10p worth.....

i believe your business sells a brand that people want and so you probably find you get more customers than sometimes you can cope with so your hardest job is finding nice stock not customers

if this is so then you really dont need this branding

I can see what they're trying to say, but i agree with the above poster. It's the car they're after, not breakdown cover etc. If you have enough spare cash to play around with, you could always take the risk of a 12 month contract and track if it has an impact. If not, don't bother.

Also worth ensuring you get cover regarding lost keys. I didn't and ended up using my local locksmith clifton. Don't get me wrong, they did a fantastic job for a great price, but it was out of my own pocket!

Edited by TownMan10

Can you imagine Jim Reid or Umesh paying for this? No, me neither. Next......

I was with the AA a couple years back and was a waste of time, i was not an approved dealer but had their website and advertising, think it cost about £150 month but really was a waste dont think i sold 1 car from it in a year. 

We offered the 1 year free roadside assistance on all our cars ( did not just have to be AA leads ) but most people either already had it or just thought there was some sort of catch. If i remember the customer would have to go away and sign up themselves with a code to get it giving bank details for future subscriptions.