Johno

Introduction , getting back in to it....

New boy here , I`m making the first moves to get back in to the motor trade , Ive done it with bikes and cars many years ago but no doubt much has changed , such as consumer rights and finance :unsure: , so I hope to pick your brains and get up to date .

I have a small pitch lined up in the South West but not committed to it yet , I intend to start with 15-20 motors that will retail from around £2k-£6k , buying from the block .

Other that "dont do it" what advice would you give ? 

Cheers

• Like 1

If you have the confidence to get back into it from the word go buy taking on a unit then fair play, but maybe get yourself back into it more gentle as a lot has changed.

Advertising is a big killer, if you want the best chance of selling metal then Autotrader is the one but it's very expensive to throw 20 cars on. if you can master facebook and advertise on its platforms then do it, it's the future and will bring in customers at the fraction of AT. 

Consumer rights and finance is a little odd at the min, choose your finance company well, some are acting unfair to dealers and just rejecting cars at the first sign of trouble, others will work with you and care about their dealer relationships.

Self admin warranties ;) its the future, dont waste your time with conventional warranty firms. they just take your money and weasel out of everything.  

I am about to open a 2nd site for subprime customers, similar stock numbers and price bracket as you. In this game you learn all the time, knowledge is priceless  

• Like 1