HelenQueen

Advice for a novice - used cars

Morning!

The reason I joined this forum was to increase my knowledge about cars, and my first question is about buying a used car!

I'm looking to purchase this VW SciroccoTDI CR GT 3dr for about £10,000 (http://www.umberslademotors.com/vw-scirocco-tdi-cr-gt-3dr-in-solihull-6144781) but I have some questions that I don't want to ask the sales people because I know they'll just BS me:

1. Is this a good price for a VW Scirocco?
  2. Are there any benefits of buying second hand over new?
  3. Are there any better cars I can get for £10,000
  4. Is there anything I should look out for when buying a used car? Good and Bad

Any help muchly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Thanks for your post - but please be aware this is really a forum for dealers. While they may entertain answering you, I wouldn't expect What Car? style advice for nothing. Unless you're paying in bacon sarnies and fifty pound notes

• Like 1

Well 'Helen Queen' the car looks a nice example but then looks can be deceiving , images , write up all seems excellent , BUT do your own checks , make sure the service history details are correct in the service books as per the advert, the price is about right for the age/model/ mileage. You need to personally inspect the car to ensure it is what is being advertised. If you are unsure about any aspect maybe an independent inspection by i.e. AA , RAC for peace of mind.

Used over new - how much money do you have to spend , its as simple as that , if you've got £25K plus buy a new one , if that's what you want.

As for better cars for 10k, it really is a personal choice of what you want the car for ? looks? performance.

All the usual things accident damage, HPI / Experian check to ensure its not stolen, been in a major accident, out standing finance and most important dealer reputation, Google the business you are thinking of dealing with , read their reviews. 

Hope this helps you but please feel if I can help further.

Umesh 

• Like 1