Sign in to follow this  
whitestone679231

WE BUY ANY CAR COPYRIGHT

Just had a "nice" 20 page solicitors letter from we buy any car.com claiming that our webuycars sign outside our showroom infringes the copyright that they hold for webuyanycars, we have had signs outside stating that we buy cars since 1981, they state that we are taking advantage of there clients strong reputation,,,,,, (anybody googled a review of webuyanycar.com lately? glad I don't have there reputation), Just wondering if anybody else has had similar dealings with these people??

I own the domain name webuyanycarorvan.com and got a Phone call from someone who said he was a solicitor acting on their behalf and what my intentions were for that domain, I told him it was for sale and he could buy it. Never heard from them again so i bought wbac.co.uk to use instead

Edited by Phil H

1 minute ago, Phil H said:

I own the domain name webuyanycarorvan.com and got a Phone call from someone who said he was a solicitor acting on their behalf and what my intentions were for that domain, I told him it was for sale and he could buy it. Never heard from them again so i bought wbac.co.uk to use instead

Not sure you needed to tell that story twice :P;)

20 minutes ago, Phil H said:

Well done Phil, pity you don't own the domain webuycars then I could ask your permission to use it and tell them to go bully someone else, there argument is that there are no spaces between words so I copying them!!!! oh and also that the shade of green on sign is similar to one they use and word font is similar to theirs !!!! 

Sorry, wish I did but I also own sellacartoday.com so if anyone wants to advertise that then I've no objections