betginge

Driving licence Check

Hi all  (Picture this Jonny)

Customer is approved for finance and ready to roll, the only issue is the driving licence is lost, Now i don't want this customer going home trying to find it and think about the deal over a brew and a nice chat with the wife.

Now i Know you can check a licence via the .gov. site but only if the customer first goes on and issues the check   code, But the customer would need to know there drivers number, which is on the card that's lost. ??? 

How do we get the number, Can the customer ring dvla and obtain it along with a check code ??? The idear being to keep the customer on site, get the details, file over to finance and wave them off into the sunset. ( Ideally in one of my lovely motors)

Lee

Hey Lee,

I've mentioned before to a few guys but our place uses a thing called Licence Manager, we just found it to be relatively quick https://licencemanager.co.uk/ works well if you know their coming back as sends them a notification, they put in a few details and then we can check on the status of their licence. Like you said in some cirumstances they've left their licence at home so it's handy in that circumsance, if they dont have it like you said you can call the DVLA.

J