Sign in to follow this  
Max Branning

Motors.co.uk and finance

Just had a look through Motors havent been on there for a while, what is all this finance stuff on there, they are offering finance deals even on private sellers cars? How does this work, the potential buyer fills out the enquiry form with the finance company and then they send payment to the seller? even though they are private and obviously not fca reg? Seems like anything over 2k on there has a finance prop next to it.

Anybody doing any good off of there, havent advertised with them for around 2 years.

Thinking of pulling it and going with car gurus. Free listings on car gurus and I get more enquires from there than motors tbh. 

Twice I've given Motors a fair crack over the last few years, and twice I've ended up pulling the the plug and I know a few more who have done the same.  It's cheap and it provides a ROI but that's about it. Facebook provides a far better ROI for me than Motors and I've also signed up with Motonovo for their new platform. 

My ebay contract expires at the end of the month and I'm in two minds whether to renew it and although I don't want to, I might give cargurus a crack instead. Folk seem to be doing ok with it and clearly they have given AT food for thought.  It goes against what I believe in but when in Rome.....

• Like 1