Sign in to follow this  
Daylight

Financing Cat C/D cars

I'm currently set up with Close Brothers for funding my sales. They do not fund Cat C or D cars, which I can understand due to future valuation difficulties etc

Is there anyone that will fund these cars? I don't get many but the odd one is sometimes too good to pass up for the right price

Not much help but we use Motonovo and they are the same...no financing options for Cat C/D

1 hour ago, grant8064 said:

Not much help but we use Motonovo and they are the same...no financing options for Cat C/D

No you're right, not much help at all! ;)

I don't think Any Finance House does. What are you trying to get on HP That's on the List ?  If you don't mind me asking  

On 10/30/2016 at 4:05 PM, betginge said:

I don't think Any Finance House does. What are you trying to get on HP That's on the List ?  If you don't mind me asking  

Nothing specifically but I have a route for some 'nice' late repaired, categorised stuff, mainly year old Polos, Golfs, the odd 1 series etc that hasn't been bent to within an inch of it's life but still got the stamp. For a good retail saving I think a lot of people are tempted by these

Just an observation, but if a customers opening question is "is it a write off" I know they've been looking on Autotrader:D

On 11/1/2016 at 8:03 PM, metcars said:

Just an observation, but if a customers opening question is "is it a write off" I know they've been looking on Autotrader:D

That either means you don't mention it on your adverts or your cars are too cheap! :D

I think putting "this is NOT a write off" in my ads will start things off on the back foot:D

Seriously, I have a 'Polish' guy a few doors up from me. I noticed he started doing some mechanics, looking after a small fleet of vans, servicing etc. Did the odd van to flatbed conversion. Then started doing a few damage repairables. Not sure where he gets them from as I know most of the guys round here who have deliveries from Copart, NSEC, HBC etc and I didn't recognise any of the 'screen marks. But he only dealt in sports/performance stuff, he had 3 Audi TT up for sale at one point, they all had major surgery, one had a new corner. He always bought stuff with mechanical damage no paintwork. It's all stopped now and he's back to 'mechanicing'.