Sign in to follow this  
grant8064

Refund or repair

Hey guys,

So I recently sold an automatic part ex clearance car for circa 2k which I have just been informed has developed a gearbox fault a week later.

Customer has started quoting the usual consumer rights stuff and simply do I have to offer a repair, a refund or both?

I want to, and have offered, a full refund.

I do not want to offer to repair the car as there is not much profit in it and it might be a bottomless pit.

So basically where do I stand? Do I have to offer to repair it or is offering a full refund enough?

Ideally i'd like to give them back their part ex back also as it has developed a power steering fault since being road tested but will keep it if needs be.

reverse the deal as said but whatever you do get them to sign paperwork for time they had car to the minutes in case any nips come through at a later date, because if you dont cross the t's they could come back to hauunt.......whoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Cheers guys, i've offered a full refund but they have decided they would rather get the car looked at first in case it is something minor. Agreed to a £100 cap on any works and that anything above this has to be authorised by ourselves in writing prior to the work commencing...just got to play the waiting game and see what their garage come back with!

Edited by grant8064