grant8064

How long does HPi take to update car finance

Hi all, been a lurker for a while but thought I would register and ask a question.

Bought a 2012 Corsa from auction and just taken deposit on it. Car is due to handover in a few days.

Just printed off an RAC Car Passport HPi for the customer and it states it has outstanding finance (not noted when purchased from auction).

So I call the finance company to find out what's going on and they say it is a old record of stocking loan that has been cleared and they will send the details to HPi to update the system.

My question is how long does this take?

I cannot sell the car without declaring the finance issue to the customer by law so if it takes a while I will lose the sale.

Can any advise if it is a swift update or if it takes a while?

I have an email from the finance house saying the agreement is cleared but don't want to go ahead and sell it without HPi confirmation.

Cheers,

Grant

Ordinarily, the clearance confirmation from the Finance company is more than sufficient. It should clear on HPI/Experian fairly quickly - maybe an overnight feed from the finance co. I wouldn't worry about it if I was you. You've got it in writing that it's clear.

1 minute ago, GreenGiant said:

Ordinarily, the clearance confirmation from the Finance company is more than sufficient. It should clear on HPI/Experian fairly quickly - maybe an overnight feed from the finance co. I wouldn't worry about it if I was you. You've got it in writing that it's clear.

Thanks GreenGiant, much appreciated. 

I chased for the clearance agreement straight away but wasn't sure if this was enough...now I am duly reassured. 

(I think it's this car that's got me overly worried...every step seems to be cursed with the bloody thing!)

As GG Says as long as you have clearance letter , and it should literally take minutes had similar issue a few weeks back and it was done in minutes off HPI.

Thanks also Umesh, fingers crossed when I get in tomorrow it'll all be sorted.

Only been in the game 18 months and it's some of the more unusual bits like this i'm still learning!