Hi just a quick question for everybody 

Hope this is ok to post

I work for a salvage company and we deal with insurance write offs and theft recovered vehicles we sell everything through an online auction and bidders are allowed to come to the site and view the vehicles. I just wanted everyone's opinion on salvage vehicles? Do you deal with any salvage vehicles? If not why? And is there anything that would change your opinion on salvage vehicles?

Thanks in advance for your help

what website do you sell from i will have a look and then make my mind up 

The HBC website is http://www.hbc.co.uk/

I'm registered with them mainly for the stolen recovered stuff but i've never managed to purchase anything, as we discussed in a previous thread regarding repossessions for me there just isn't enough profit margin in these cars to warrant to increased risk of buying a non runner, that's just my experience, i'm sure others do well out of it.

Edited by M.J

Too much 'skullduggery' still going on with salvage. And as already mentioned, not enough profit margin. I've noticed Autotrader are now indicating cars that are 'written off' but I don't think private buyers still really understand

Thanks for your feedback, are there any improvements that would make you change your mind, such as longer viewing times or videos of the vehicles so you can see the bodies in more detail and hear the engine run?

High definition video of the bodywork would be beneficial. Video of the engine running won't really prove anything. Its going to be hard to convince dealers that salvage is a good avenue to go down as most who have tried have been stung.