Sign in to follow this  
slademotors

EML Light Woes

Hi All 

Under the consumer rights act can the customer reject a car because the EML light has come on? The car in question is a 2005 Golf 1.6 with around 110K on the clock. It has no issues in terms of its engine performance runs well, no misfires, no coolant or oil leaks or anything. We have tried to diagnose the problem from chaging EGR valve to replacing the inlet manifold but the light wont go out.  The issue with the customer has been going on from some months now. They have come to the point where they want me to buy car back off them. Its been over three months with this issue and it occured a few weeks after the brought it from me. I am willing to buy the car back from them but  the customer is being extremely unreasonable in there messages to me and really losing my paitence with them. 

Edited by slademotors

It's not going to go away unless they crash it so buy the thing back and get a proper diagnostic done, the light only comes on for a reason so there will be data held to guide you unless it's got an aftermarket stereo fitted and this is affecting the can bus

• Like 1