Sign in to follow this  
It's me

a story

went to buy an aygo last wed,lovely old dear done 150 miles in it this year,looked nice but it wouldn't start,she said last started 3 weeks ago m~mmmm anyway went back to work got a battery it still wouldn't start,after mucho head scratching we realised the alternator was seized,back to work again and a long socket Wrench and twenty minutes later one ratchet tooth at a time (its tight in there)it appeared to free off I had squirted lots of oil in it,anyway started it and there was a bit of smoke,ok there was a lot of smoke and I covered the street to the point I thought mm that's a lot of oil smoke so I turned it off,looked under bonnet and fanbelt on fire,mmmmm best put that out so knocked on door asking for a cup of water,would you like hot or cold she asked,just wet I said

fire out pushed it back in its hole and promised to return next day with my car transporter

got it to work but it baulked going into gear with engine running, it baulked a bit engine off too so guess the selected forks were bent by the ramming into gear effect

took box off and the plate on diaphragm had dissattached on one side

changed box too

ho hum

oldies eh,she should have bought a hundy 10 horto

merry xmas

IMG_20221209_104157_copy_1664x1248.jpg

Ha Ha outrageous ! stitched up by a lovely ‘old dear’,bet you thought you had nicked it. Nice one.