Sign in to follow this  
ArthurDaley

Changing Battery on a 2014 Jaguar XF - does it need software resetting afterwards?

Has anyone changed a battery on a 2012 onwards facelift X250 Jaguar XF with the keyless entry? I've read online that it definitely needs a software reset afterwards, otherwise the central locking will not work at all. Some people have had nightmares after changing batteries with warning lights coming on and various items no longer working.

I've had early XFs (2008/2009) in the past and I easily reset the windows and handbrake myself but I've never changed a battery on a later facelift model.

Greatly appreciate any advice from someone who's changed a battery on a later XF. 

I know some people keep the power supply going when changing a battery using jump packs but I don't fancy faffing around with that. 

Yes BMS needs resetting with a decent Diagnostic Machine ;)

I never power any Car down these days unless absolutely necessary, when changing batteries i simply hook up a jump pack before removing battery terminals so the car stays live, just be very careful not to accidentally short the positive terminal to earth when removed, hint, a nice thick rubber glove over it with a cable tie to hold it will stop this !!

HTH ;)

Edited by Dave2302
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

had the same issue and  top don scanner sorted it