Has anyone heard or had any dealings with them ? 

They popped up on my Facebook feed and have a couple of packages that start from £0 up to £60 per month with no contract. It looks like you can create sales and purchase receipts and keep a stock book with vrm lookups as well as postcode lookup etc. It looks quite easy to use but it's always nice to hear from someone who has actually put it too the test.

www.carvue.com

• Like 1

Hi Steve

havent used personally however spoke to them at length when they advertised on our forum! Seems like a cheaper alnertative to quotes few CRM's & DMS's which are available as they are not normally that cheap, worth a phone call 

Jim

• Like 1

Thanks Jim, it does look like they are reasonably new to the uk, at the moment I don't think we would get the most from a full blown crm or dms system, I do think we would get the benefit of vrm look up and postcode look up, we have our own documents but are using google drive so we can view and share information. We do need to do more with customer information but it's more for keeping track of customers who want specific cars or to let them know when something similar comes into stock.

oh and where's your forum ?

Steve , I don't use it but like Jim says they are great value , some of it is free, very helpful guys and definitely worth a call ! ( i just haven't decided which way to g as yet -hence not used them :) ) 

Link to the forum @TCDForum http://twittercardealers.ning.com/ - Get yousefl on there :) !!

So I've signed us up for the free version. Initial impressions are it looks good, I just need to play about with it. I need to do some work on documents and then look to see how you can use it with external suppliers, the garage function seems to be set for garages that have an internal department rather than out sourcing it to others like we do.

there do seem to be a few bugs where it doesn't carry through mileages and you need to input them twice but that might be me, vrm and postcode lookup is good, you can put in service and mot details but for car sales it's possibly not an essential the service allows you to put a date but you cannot refer to mileage. There are various sections so I just need to work out if there is one area where you can input all of the data.

the lead function is ok but it would be nice if it could import these from the likes of autotrader to save duplicating work.

So the first full day of use, some bits seem overly complicated and don't flow, for me there should be 1 screen where everything goes but it might just be how I'm using it. The documents need some work as they look a little basic and I need to get my head around what you can put on the paperwork, our current sale/purchase receipts ask customers to sign to say they are happy with the condition/not cat c/d or finance outstanding and they are happy with the condition etc. It might be I can put a no cost invoice line down but I'll experiment more tomorrow.

Hi Steve, Rachel from the CarVue support team here. 

I'm glad you like the look of it but sorry you've found things a bit complicated so far. Please feel free to get in touch and I'd be more than happy to talk you through how to get the best out CarVue for your garage. All of our documents are customisable, so we can help you set these up exactly how you'd like them.

You can get in touch by giving us a call or in the app there is a green question mark in the bottom right corner. Hopefully speak to you soon. 

• Like 1

Hi Rachel, thanks, I've already been in touch about the offsetting. I think it's good, we never intended to use it as accounting more for sales and stock so I'm trying to learn from my mistakes !