Sign in to follow this  
LostMyMind

No Haggling!

What do you think about dealers who put their 'best' price on a car and say no haggling! If you want the car that's the price you pay? 

I sometimes wonder is it better to price a car high and give a good discount so the customer feels better about getting a good deal or price it low and only give a smaller discount but customer doesn't 'feel' as happy because you didn't come down a lot on the price, I think there's some psychology behind it :)

I personally think if you have a well presented car and business you can price it on the higher side because customers are used to the idea of haggling prices on cars but what do I know :/

Edited by LostMyMind

People like to feel like there getting a bargain. Look at these furniture stores that always have a MASSIVE SALE one weekend only. What a load of tosh.

If you price a car low people will still want to haggle it is in peoples nature. Just set the price at a competetive price to get the interest but be prepared to knock a bit off to get the deal done. Work it all out before the board goes in the window.

Ive delt with dealers who wouldent knock a penny off but were happy to do a £200 repair .. swings and roundabouts i guess

I remember one time looking at a car in a smallish dealer,it was priced on the high side,I pointed out some issues like balljoints etc but he wouldn't budge an inch off the price,well I was expecting to get some money off due to the price so I walked away pretty quick,so I guess I answered my own question there ha! :)

People like to feel like there getting a bargain. Look at these furniture stores that always have a MASSIVE SALE one weekend only. What a load of tosh.

If you price a car low people will still want to haggle it is in peoples nature. Just set the price at a competetive price to get the interest but be prepared to knock a bit off to get the deal done. Work it all out before the board goes in the window.

theres a dealer near me and they have a massive for sale sign left outside for about 6 months lol

Edited by LostMyMind