Sign in to follow this  
James Bush

Any vauxhall experts out their?

I have an 2006 Astra estate and the central locking has a mind of its own. Just unlocks and locks its self all the time, even when you're driving it.

Had the scanner on it and it came up with a fault code on the hazard light switch, which is the same switch as the lock button on the dash so changed that and thought it was fixed, 15 minutes later it just starts locking and unlocking itself again.

Checked all the door locks, boot locks, petrol flap lock and all working fine, been through a central locking diagnostic on my scanner and it all operates 100%, each door lock works as it should.

Only thing different with it is its had a tow bar fitted, decent job wired in properly and this doesn't seem to effect it but before I rave the tow bar and wiring out as its the last thing to check before I take my frustration out on it with my lucky hammer has any body got any ideas?

Thanks

Let me ask our mechanic later today or first thing in morning. We have had something very similar on an 06 plate astra SRI diesel recently and iirc there is a central locking ecu that was the culprit. Ill give you an update James.

• Like 1

Could be a bad wire at the multi plug at door A post James, remove that and have a look. Or as said possible water getting into Ecu at bottom of kick panel. Try disconnect battery for half an hour then reconnect and reset central door locking, key to position 2 before start and press remote a few times till the doors lock/unlock. 

A door wiring loom and a central locking ecu which was located under the steering wheel area cured the problem for us. I have also just set him off moaning as he remembered what a horrendous job it was to work on :D