MrC

Courtesy cars

5 hours ago, JasonPeters said:

I too don’t know how insurance companies work but as well as the NCB, the policy was loaded & his next year’s bill (which I saw) more than doubled to over £8K and that was after he’d pared back cover. Over the next few years it must of cost him a five figure sum, all for someone who walked away financially scott free. click here

Hi Jason,

That's a very good example of how damaging it can be to your insurance and ultimately your finances, it can get even more messy if a customer was in a courtesy car hit a pedestrian and they were seriously hurt, these kind of claims can spiral into the hundreds of thousands and a claim of this size would increase your insurance premium in a big way, it could even make your business 'uninsurable' or your business may not be able afford such inflated insurance premiums that it leads to the business itself closing.

I think its fair to say always tread very carefully when giving cars out to customers and be mindful of the risks this poses to your insurance and even your livelihood if things go wrong.

Ashley

UK Global Insurance