Jay187

Ebay Motors Group vs Auto Trader

Hi all, is anyone using Ebay Motors Group package yet? And how is it going? And is anyone using only Auto Trader or only EMG package? Just wondering how its going for everyone

Yeah nobody was interested in my intro! Lol. Seen how many other people have just gone straight into posts without an intro and not had a good response from some members on here haha so i thought I would introduce myself but no one is interested. At the moment we are only on Auto Trader on PAYG ads. Does it make much difference having the dealer portal?

Having only done it the dealer portal way I don’t know if it makes a difference. I suppose it might depend on the kind of stock and the overall presentation.

Maybe link your adverts and we’ll see if there anything missing, how the price is etc

So are you only on Auto Trader now? I noticed a post from you around March last year about you being on gumtree/Ebay only before auto trader and you were underwhelmed with the response etc?

This gets asked a lot Jay which is probably why you've had little response, the answer is it's different for everyone. I use Autotrader, Ebay and Facebook Marketplace.

You can't beat Autotrader (unfortunately) but they are very expensive, Ebay is around £220 a month so I only have to sell a few cars a year to make it pay which it does as I regularly sell cars on there. Then Facebook is £25 a month, which is neither here nor there and I have sold a full fat car on there so it's more than paid for itself. Facebook is still in early days but it does seem to get a good response for cheap part ex's.

You just have to try them yourself and see which works for you.