ARSENALGUNNER

Warranty rights

Since you have offered your own warranty best to get this one fixed back at yours. On the advice of not driving it further causing more damage is going to be a difficult one in court. You could inspect and ask the customer for a contribution to it but again it’s really on the fence as the problem has happened very quickly pre 30 days. Im sure your pdi ramp check is there but no matter how much of a rush a customer is in they will be pain if something goes wrong for sure. Customers are customers. Personally don’t let the car leave until it has a full service, pads etc. The oil leaking could have happened after he ragged it or the box was on its way out anyway so it’s hard to say. Take a pill on this one buddy. Chin up and Best of luck. ;)

Edited by AW Motorgroup
  • Thanks 1

The problem was the no driving thing was verbal so he is going to turn around and say no one told him 

On 29 August 2019 at 7:13 PM, ARSENALGUNNER said:

My only concern is the customer going down the rejection route and his finance company actioning debt recovery? I've never been in this situation, the customer arranged his own finance through a broker so not sure what would happen...

Pads £200 and service £350, we allowed £1000 off... 

I’ve  spoken with ACE today and explained the situation and they agree this neglect from the customer isn’t acceptable. My plan is to have the car diagnosed by Volkswagen and then have ACE come out and carry out their independent report then assess the situation from there. Part of me is thinking to bite the bullet and accept the loss (potentially 3-6k) or fight it...

Just noticed your an Arsenal fan .... You deserve all you get :)

Edited by Jack Regan
  • Haha 1